Seminar 2- Death and the surgeon: Treating, dissecting, collecting bodily parts

More
4 years 10 months ago #227 by Paige D
Hello! I'm very excited to have been included in this seminar! I thought I'd get the ball rolling on the preparation, seeing as we have our seminar on the first day (and some of us will likely be jetlagged!).

Let me know your thoughts on the structure of the seminar.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #229 by Maria Conforti
Dear Paige and dear all,
I'm working at the structure of the seminar and I'll let you know ASAP some suggestions on how we could get along. I'm aware we're almost the first, and on the first day, but do not be anxious!
best, Maria

More
4 years 10 months ago #237 by Uponita M
Dear Prof. Conforti, Sohini and Paige,
I am a Ph.D student at Columbia University. In my doctoral dissertation I examine the emergence of legal ideas of evidence at the interface of police work and forensic scientific practices in late 19th and early 20th century British India. I am really excited to be on this seminar panel.
Thanks Paige for getting the conversation going. Thank you professor for sharing the presentation structure. I'll prepare accordingly. I will get in touch if I have any questions about the presentation.
Thanks again,
Uponita

More
4 years 10 months ago #238 by Uponita M
Hi Sohini,
I am happy to prepare a response for reading 3!
Best,
Uponita

More
4 years 10 months ago #245 by Paige D

Maria Conforti wrote: Dear Paige and dear all,
I'm working at the structure of the seminar and I'll let you know ASAP some suggestions on how we could get along. I'm aware we're almost the first, and on the first day, but do not be anxious!
best, Maria

Thank you for your email Maria. I am very happy to present on the mola and will prepare some materials for the seminar.

Sohini and Uponita I really look forward to meeting you and working on the seminar together. Your research sounds fascinating! See you on Ischia soon.

More
4 years 10 months ago #247 by Maria Conforti
Dear all,
just to tell you that I'll be at the welcome reception from about 5.15 - we might take half an hour to make sure the seminar is ok -
best, Maria